General car rental and Assurance Conditions
DRIVER'S LICENSE AND RENTAL AGE LIMITATIONS
- The Economic group of cars can be rented by those who are the least 21 years old and have a valid driver’s license for 1 year. People who are between the ages of 19-21 and have a driving license for 1 year can rent a car from the economic group by paying the Young Driver fee.
- The Comfort group of cars can be rented by those who are the least 25 years old and have a valid driver’s license for 2 years. People who are between the ages of 21-25 and have a driving license for 2 years can rent a car from the economic group by paying the Young Driver fee.
- The Prestige group of cars can be rented by those who are the least 25 years old and have a valid driver’s license for 2 years. People who are between the ages of 21-25 and have a driving license for 2 years can rent a car from the economic group by paying the Young Driver fee.
- The Premium group of cars can be rented by those who are the least 27 years old and have a valid driver’s license for 3 years. People who are between the ages of 21-27 and have a driving license for 3 years can rent a car from the economic group by paying the Young Driver fee.
|Young Driver applicable age range||Young Driver applicable driver’s license limit|
|ECONOMIC||Age Between 19-21||Min. 1 Year|
|COMFORT||Age Between 21-25||Min. 2 Years|
|PRESTIGE||Age Between 21-25||Min. 2 Years|
|PREMIUM||Age Between 21-27||Min. 3 Years|
Minimum lease term is 24 hours.
ITEMS INCLUDED IN AND EXCLUDED FROM THE FEE
Fees include Defects Liability Insurance, Robbery Insurance and 18% Value Added Tax. In the daily car rental service, kilometers right of use is limited to 500 km per day and in rentals of 7 days and above, it is limited to 4000 km per agreement. In the monthly car rental service, kilometer right of use is limited to 3000 km. Kilometer excess fee differs based on group of vehicle and detailed information can be gotten from our booking center or offices. Fuel oil, Personal Accident Insurance, Mini Minor Damage Insurance, Optional Financial Liability Insurance, One-Way Fee, Delivery / Pickup Fee (0-26 km) depending on office availability, Baby Seat, Navigation, Additional Driver and Toll Highways and Bridges Device - Card Usage Fee are calculated separately. Vehicles are handed over to the client with a full fuel tank. The difference in fuel oil is deducted with the service fee in vehicles returned with a deficient or empty tank.
In case the vehicle is returned to another office, one-way fee is applied regardless of lease duration. Fees differ depending on offices; you can call our Communication Center on 444 4 722 to get more detailed information.
For drivers other than the lesser / lessers to be able to drive it, the driver's license information of the additional driver / drivers must be included in the Lease Agreement in exchange for an additional fee. In case the opposite is detected and/or of an accident, all insurances will become invalid and both the lesser / lessers and the driver / drivers will be held accountable separately and together. You can call our Communication Center for price and detailed info (Additional Driver rental conditions are the same as those stated in Article 1).
COLLECTION AND RETURN
When you come to our office to collect the vehicle you have rented, a vehicle rental analysis will be carried out based on Findeks data. In case you are guided to a different vehicle group based on the result of the analysis in pre-paid bookings, the price difference that may arise ―or the totality of the rental fee in case the analysis wields negative results― will be fully refunded within 3 to 5 work days.
Descriptions of our insurances can be found below. These are general and for information purposes only. Budget reserves the right to change these in time. You may get detailed information on valid limits and other insurances not included in our prices from our sales offices at onset of rental.
- Defects Liability Insurance (Collision Damage Weaver - CDW) : Covers material damages and losses that may occur in the case of an accident within the scope of General Insurance Conditions.
- Robbery Insurance (Third Party Insurance - TP) : Covers losses occurring in the case of theft in the scope of the General Insurance Conditions.
- Optional Financial Liability Insurance (Liability Insurance / Supplemental Liability Insurance - LI / SLI) : Insurances covering damages caused to third parties.
- Mini Minor Damage Insurance (Mini Insurance - MI) : Repair insurance based on customer declaration in damages costing less than the amount determined by Budget. This package includes the Failsafe Insurance Package.
- Personal Accident Insurance (PAI) : Covers the driver and individuals in the vehicle within the scope of insurance limits. Calculated according to the number of vehicle seats.
THE ABOVE-STATED DESCRIPTIONS ARE GENERAL AND FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. DETAILED INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE IN OUR RENTAL OFFICES.
In the case of an accident or vehicle theft, it is mandatory to draft a report in accordance with the occurrence of the accident without changing the vehicle's location, or to get and accident, theft or alcohol determination report from the nearest police station or gendarmerie and to inform the Budget Full Support Line available 24/7 by calling 444 4 722. Otherwise, all purchased insurances will become invalid and all damages, including pecuniary and non-pecuniary damages and losses caused to third parties, will be charged on our customer. In case the vehicle breaks down or support of any kind is needed, help can be sought from the Budget Full Support Line available 24/7 by calling 444 4 722.
DELAYS IN RETURNS
Vehicles can be returned with an additional 1 hour option. In case the additional hour service has not been purchased, delays exceeding 1 hour will be subjected to a full-day's fee.
In case the additional hour service has been purchased, 30% of the daily rental fee will be reflected on 1 to 3 hours, and 50% of the daily rental fee will be reflected on 3 to 6 hours packages.
Payment is only made via credit card and payment by cash and debit card is not accepted. No rental agreement can be issued at the office without a valid credit card. The rental agreement is issued during rental and is prepared according to laws and practices in effect. All rentals are subject to the BUDGET General Rental Conditions.
Invoice amount difference that may appear at the end of rental is collected or returned at the rental location. The owner of the credit card must be personally present during the rental process. Third party credit cards are not accepted for rental.
A deposit of 500 - 2500 TRY based on vehicle group will be collected from the credit card presented by the client, or a pre-provision blocking will be applied. In monthly rentals, deposit is 1/2 of the monthly rent. In case the customer who rents does not hold a credit card, the accompanier may proceed with the payment via their own credit card on the condition that they fulfill license and age criteria. This transaction will charge an additional driver fee.
- B - P - C - H - F - M Groups (vehicles such as Ford Fiesta-Fiat Linea-Nissan Micra-Fiat Egea-Ford Tourneo Courier etc.) 500 TRY
- A - G - O Groups (vehicles such as Ford Focus-Opel Astra etc.) 750 TRY
- N - D - I Groups (Volkswagen Golf etc.) 1250 TRY
- L – E – K Groups (Volkswagen Passat, BMW 3 Series, Mercedes E Series etc.) 2500 TRY.
- Deposit fees and criteria are indicated in the table below based on vehicle groups.
|DEPOSIT FEE (TRY)||MIN. AGE||License of Min.|
A deposit of 2500 TRY must be paid for L-E-K vehicle groups.
Therefore, the card with which the payment will be made must have a limit that is sufficient for rental fees plus the above-stated deposit fees. The amount that is collected as deposit or blocked will be returned to the same card's account or the blockage will be lifted at the end of rental after the above-stated additional services, insurance, fuel oil, damage, fine, etc. that are not included in the booking have been deducted. Deposit returns will appear in the account of your credit card within 3 to 5 working days depending on your bank's internal communication.
ONLINE PRE-PAYMENT (Pay Now) BOOKING and RENTAL
The "Online Pre-Payment / Pay Now" statement indicates that you may pay the rent and the additional services you have selected online and in real-time. The online booking page does not substitute for the vehicle rental agreement, whether the booking has been confirmed or not. Rental is completed in the name of the person whose name appears in the details of the Pre-Payment Booking Form.
Due to 3D security, the persons carrying out the online payment and the lesser do not have to be the same person, however, during rental, the lesser must have the capacity to present a credit card to their name and to make sure the deposit process is completed.
In case Budget is not able to provide the rental service due to corporate reasons, it will fully return the amount pre-paid by the customer. In rentals that will take place in Budget rental offices, the return of pre-paid bookings is limited by amounts appearing on the Budget Pre-Payment Booking Forms.
The Budget Pre-Payment Booking Forms do not include additions services and insurances that customers may request at onset or during rental, as well as expenses such as fuel oil, one-way, traffic fines and damage fees (cases where the conditions described in the part of the procedures to be carried out in case of accidents and theft as it appears in the rental agreement) etc. For these fees, the customer must present a personal credit card during rental.
The Budget brand is not liable for any commission, exchange difference, service fee etc. that may be applied by the bank to which the credit card belongs during the collection of fees from the customer's credit card.
In case Budget is unable to deliver the rental service due to corporate reasons, it will refund fully the pre-paid amount paid by the customer.
The Budget Pre-Payment Booking fee includes the rent and the additional services you have purchased during rental. A personal credit card must be presented for additional services and possible extras purchased from the office (HGS Fast Pass System, fuel oil, traffic fines, one-way, cases of accident and theft where criteria have not been fulfilled as they appear in the rental agreement in cases).
Rental criteria for pre-paid booking are listed below:
- Rental day, hour, vehicle information and rental office cannot be updated in pre-paid bookings.
- The vehicle rental fee in pre-paid bookings and the total fees of selected additional products and insurance packages will be collected during confirmation of booking.
- Discounts earned from the pre-paid booking cannot be combined with another promotion.
- In case the duration of rental exceeds the duration indicated in the booking form in a rental completed via pre-paid booking, the additional fee will be collected at onset of rental from the credit card presented by the customer with a 20% discount on the fees appearing on the extra days list.
- In pre-paid bookings, in case the vehicle is returned earlier than the agreed-upon end of rental, the customer will not be returned the fees of days not used.
- In pre-paid bookings, if the booking is cancelled until 12 hours prior the vehicle collection time, the rental fee will be returned in full by Budget.
- 12 hours prior to the start of Pre-Paid booking rental, the following conditions will apply:
- A deduction of 1 day is made in cancellations within 1-3 days prior start of rental
- A deduction of 2 day is made in cancellations within 4-7 days prior start of rental
- A deduction of 20% is made in cancellations until 8 days prior start of rental
- In Pre-Paid bookings, vehicles assigned to our customers will be kept for 2 hours starting from the time of collection and the customer will be able to collect the vehicle within these 2 hours. After 2 hours, the booking will be automatically cancelled by the system and there will be no returns.
- Refund process of Pre-Paid bookings changes from 3 to 5 work days depending on the bank's transaction traffic.
- In Pre-Paid bookings, the General Rental Conditions and the following conditions must be met to hand over the vehicle to the customer. In case of non-fulfilment of the below-stated conditions, the vehicle will not be handed over to the customer and the refund conditions stated above will be applied.
- Payment of deposit can only be made via personal credit card, cash and debit cards are not accepted.
- Deposit fee changing according to rental type and vehicle group should be collected via personal credit card. The credit card must bear the name and surname of the lesser.
- In addition to the rent, the credit card's limit must be sufficient for the deposit as well.
- The person who will be collecting the vehicle must present their driver's license and personal credit card to the Budget office.
- Inscriptions on the license must be readable and the license must not be worn-out.
- In case the driver's license does not bear the Turkish ID number, a valid Turkish ID Card must be presented.
- Drivers holding a foreigner's driver's license must present their passports to their respective rental office.
All responsibility and pecuniary traffic fines that may stem from a non-compliance to traffic rules in effect belong to the driver. Traffic fines and illegal passages from bridges and highways that occur during rental duration but that are received by our company after the end of rental will be charged to the person and/or company that appear on the rental agreement. For any reason whatsoever, time spent during the detention of vehicles by official or local authorities is accepted as a part of the total rental duration determined in the agreement. When traffic fines registered to the license plate are notified to our part, they are paid with a discount and deducted from our customers' credit card, with a service fee applied simultaneously for the payment of the traffic fine.
Via the Budget Communication Center:
Vehicle booking requests overseas can be confirmed via the Budget Communication Center on 444 4 722. For detailed information, you can call the Budget Communication Center.
Via the website:
By using the link , you can generate a booking. We strongly advise you to inquire the conditions of the country where you will rent a vehicle.
RENTAL WITH A FOREIGNER'S DRIVER'S LICENSE
- 1) Starting from the date of entrance to Turkey, a vehicle can be driven for maximum 1 year with a driver's license issued in a foreign country.
- 2) Those who have been in Turkey for more than six months must keep with them a Turkish translation of their driver's license certified from a foreign diplomatic representation or a notary public at all times while driving, along with the license itself.
- 3) To be able to drive in Turkey after one year of residency, the driver's license issued abroad must be substituted with a Turkish driver's license.
- 1) Starting from the date of entrance to Turkey, a vehicle can be driven for maximum 6 months with a driver's license issued in a foreign country.
- 2) To be able to drive in Turkey after six months of residency, the driver's license issued abroad must be substituted with a Turkish driver's license.
- a) Application may be made to any traffic registry institution
- b) Information and documents to be presented during application are determined by the General Directorate of Security.
- c) For those who will issue a driver's license, the conditions stated in Law No. 2918 Art. 41 and pertaining to non-convictedness, age, education and health are exactly required, except for the training and test condition.
- ç) If deemed necessary, an investigation may be carried out on the authenticity of the driver's license via the Turkish Ministry for Foreign Affairs and Turkish representations abroad.